Sunday, August 1, 2010

Naked Hot Tub Club

Woooo hoooo!

So, I sent Chris a text yesterday telling him that I was indeed interested in his room and to keep me in mind when he was deciding on roommates. He had about eight people come through his house for the two rooms and I absolutely loved him. We talked for almost an hour when we met about nothing in particular. We just instantly got along and we seem to have the same humor because after I left I ended up having 3 missed calls from him and a missed text message. The text said, "Did you call me?" I replied, "No, did you call me three times?!" His answer was, "I just read my call log and it said that I dialed your number four times. I didn't do that. I must have fat fingers, lol" Instantly I decided this is the point where I see what he's like so I wrote, "You know, if we hadn't met already I might call you a stalker." He combats that with, "You don't need to worry about me, I'm a good boy." I was dying laughing. It might not be that funny to anyone else, but I had just met the guy and we were already messing with each other. This will be a fun year.

The house is a little weird in set up and I do promise pictures if the landlord likes me. I got an email from her this morning that we're going to work on the arrangement today. Nice big living room and a very open kitchen. The bathroom is right off the side of the kitchen and it has a clawfoot tub in it! AWESOME! I love those. If you head down the door next to the bathroom you'll go outside and find the laundry room. Then back inside and up the stairs, straight ahead would be my room. It's a little on the small side and has a tiny closet, but it's not like I need much room anyway. Then across the hall from my room is a "sun room." It's more like a small hallway with windows along it that would be considered mine. I can most likely fit a couch and maybe a dresser (to hold all my excess clothes!) and shove a little bookshelf in there. It's a nice little space and will be great in winter to read in or just relax. I'm not quite sure if I just want to keep it as an area if any of my lovely friends wanna come visit (HINT HINT). We have a cute little fenced in backyard with trees all around it, so there's a ton of privacy. We have a deck, two grills and a hot tub.

Let's talk about the fact that Chris just told me about the hot tub and we went inside. However, when my mother came to look at the house he proceeded to explain to her that most of the time people are naked in the hot tub. The type of cleaning system it has does not react well with detergents, so he prefers that IF bathing suits are worn, they must be washed first. However, most of the time everyone just goes in sans clothes. To my mom! And by the way, people are very open up in this area. Nobody's shy about that it seems. He had said it so matter of factly it was hard to doubt that he even thought twice about it! Can you imagine if some guy said that to you in Florida? It'd be just another way to get your clothes off! Here it's...normal. So that's...entertaining. And definitely something to get used to.

Here's to the naked hot tub club.

No comments:

Post a Comment