Thursday, August 12, 2010

Take that Seattle!

I've been in Seattle almost three weeks...WoW

Let's see. I have a job. A home. AND furniture on the way. Take that Seattle! As of two days ago, I moved into my new house in Ballard, Seattle. I live with two wonderful ladies in their late 20s and early 30s, Melissa and Sasha. We have a four bedroom house with two and a half baths. Interestingly enough each bathroom is different. In the basement is the half bath, the first floor has a shower and the second floor has a clawfoot bathtub. It will only be the three of us this next year and we have two twin beds in the guestroom for company (hint hint). Our first floor consists of a bright yellow living room with a blue meditation room just off it. The room gets tons of light throughout the day. We have two gnomes that guard the staircase just in case any unwanted people come in...Our whole basement area is sectioned off. Part of it is the "laundry room" and around the corner you can find the "workout room." Behind the workout area is a large storage area for all the extras the ladies have including, but not limited to, halloween costumes, fake christmas trees, and misc. items. Pictures will be posted once I get my furniture in!

I went for an interview today that went horribly awry, however, I still got the job. I will be working for a staffing company that will send me out with various catering companies for different events. Microsoft is their biggest client! It's only supplementary income, but I will be getting $11.75/hr. with possible reimbursement for travel expenses and it's completely on my schedule. I have some soon to be busy weekends because a few families would like me to babysit for them.

Today I just agreed to buy a queen size bed, 6-drawer dresser and nightstand from a guy in Tacoma for $300. It's about an hour drive away, but I'm going to spend tonight trying to figure out how to get it back to my house tomorrow afternoon. Haha. I don't have a truck and don't readily know anyone with one either! Hmm...any suggestions?

This evening, Melissa and I will be going to dinner with my cousins then off to Rattlesnake Lake in the mountains to observe the Perseid Meteor Shower. I'm so excited. If any of you know me well, I love meteor showers! And I love the stars! The stargazing here, even in the city, is fabulous! I saw more constellations last night standing on my front porch than I ever did standing on my dock in Florida.

Fun fact of the day: I live in a Mormon household.

Bring on the challenges Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment