Thursday, July 22, 2010

What Road Sign Are You?

There used to be a quiz when we were younger that we obediently took to find out "What Road Sign Are You?" We would spend 20 minutes just to find out what our personalities told us through a series of questions. When I was little I thought it was funny to be 'Slippery When Wet' or 'Danger Curves Ahead,' but nowadays I look at my life, in what I hope to be, a more mature fashion. "Slow: Proceed With Caution," is the place I'm at this very moment. I have an entire life ahead of me and I'm tired of not living it. So, which road sign would you be today?

As most of you know, if you're reading this, I'm about to embark on the most spontaneous escapade I've ever done. I've been around the world, volunteered abroad, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine myself in the seat you are all about to be sitting in with me. In the early morning hours tomorrow I'm stepping as far out of my comfort zone as can possibly be to drive over 4500 miles to the entire other corner of the country. Spread out into a five day trip I have packed up my "essentials" to drive to Seattle, WA from sunny, little Palm Harbor, FL. By the way, I don't think any of you know how painstakingly awful it is to figure out what your "essentials" are and then realize just how much you have.

My route for the next five days includes a road trip with my mom, who's actually pretty awesome and not really mom-like for any of you that have met her. We are planning on driving to Nashville, St. Louis (to see the Arch!), stop somewhere in Kansas, off to Arches National Park (Moab, UT) then proceeding to Boise, ID (WHO LIVES HERE?!) and finally, making it to Seattle. I'll keep you updated with, hopefully, pictures and more blogs about the road trip then updates on what it's like moving to a brand new state with more than a seven hour plane ride between you and seeing your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment