Friday, July 23, 2010

The Big Bang Bar

Nashville is quite a bit different than I expected. I don't know how much I really thought about it, but the amount of "Boots and More" stores was ridiculous! Country music really does overrun this city.


We ended up walking around Broadway this evening. Passed a bunch of country bars with live music and ended up eating at this microbrewery called Big River Brewery that is the sister restaurant to the Gordon Biersch that Jenna and I went to in DC. I didn't even realize it until I looked at the menu, which to me is kind of insane!

Then, we were walking along and I saw a sign for a dualing piano bar. Come on! We all know how much I love listening to a guy play piano. Now add another guy and a slight battle between who's better and who can play what song. It's one of my favorite places to go. This bar was called The Big Bang and one of the piano players was gorgeous. If ever any of you end up in Nashville I highly suggest going to see Justin Nault. He was a fabulous piano player, extremely nice and willing to play whatever song came to my mind. I have to admit it was a little strange walking into an empty bar and having two men (named Sam and Justin!) play just for my mom and I. But I loved every minute of it. Turns out Sam is one of the partial owners and they also have one at our next stop in Missouri. Crazy! Not the best of endings to the night, but we didn't end up having to pay for parking (which happened to be fourteen dollars!!!) so there's a plus there. Moving on...so quickly, to St. Louis tomorrow and then to as far into Kansas as I can push myself for the night. I love visiting new cities and meeting new people, but I really wish we didn't have to rush when I actually found people I liked here in Nashville. But it's all about the experience, right? At least I got to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment