Thursday, July 22, 2010

Packed

My Essentials













A Nissan Altima, named Ollie if you didn't guess, needs to eat all of my "essentials" in order to make this trip to Seattle. I can't live without my mattress pad, shoes, and computer stuff. If I had been driving alone there would be no doubt in my mind that all of my stuff would have fit in the car, but sadly I am leaving a lot of the stuff that I was intending to bring, so that I didn't have to unnecessarily buy things. Unfortunately, Ollie is a bit on the small side and needing to house two people for 5 days-- not going to happen!

Here is Ollie packed, but not full. He still has yet to consume the most dangerous and highly edible of all ingredients in his five day chomp fest- my mom and me.

Stocked full and ready to go. I'm waiting on the last minute laundry items to be dried and for my friend Jimmy to come over and see me before we head out. We're trying to decide whether to leave as soon as my laundry is done or to wait until early morning to head out. I'm thinking morning just so that I can get some sleep before I have to drive all morning! Hopefully there will be wifi in Nashville and I can keep you all updated. We're staying at the Music City Hostel. Yes, I said it! Hostel. I know for all of you who have seen the movie, the idea might be a little daunting. I promise you, however, that they are nowhere near that scary. And yes, they do have hostels in America. People travel here too! What a ridiculous notion to think they are only in Europe...not going to lie, I might have had the same thought.

Well, off to see America one ungodly hour in a tiny trapped car at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment