Sunday, January 2, 2011

The sunset slowly sets in one portion of your life only to sunrise on the other horizon bringing about new days, new goals, and a brand new year. I was lucky enough to witness the first sunrise of the new decade. On a crystal clear, brilliant day such as January 1, 2011 I was up at 6am driving my brand new car to the airport to drop my parents off.


It’s been incredible having them here and helping me make the biggest purchase I’ve ever made. I bought a new car with their help. No name for it yet, so I keep calling her “new car.” She’s a pretty black 2010 Nissan Versa hatchback. She’s got the new CBT transmission, so there are no gears to shift through which I have to say is one of the strangest feelings in the world to not have the car shift gears.


I’m still working on the new year’s resolutions, but I would love to finally finish reading all the books I’ve only gotten part of the way into, such as, East of Eden; Love in a time of Cholera; Shadow in the Wind; Eat, Pray, Love; Sophie’s World; Crime and Punishment; and Awakening. I decided I wanted to read all the Jane Austen classics considering how much I LOVE Pride and Prejudice. Just ask my mom, she’ll tell you. So, I’m starting with Sense and Sensibility. I’m starting tonight and I want to finish it by next week. That’s 562 pages of 1800’s goodness. I’ve read that in a night, so this should be easy.

I feel like a whole new person these days. I think the change in attitude is due to the clear, blue skies I’m waking up to and the beautiful sunsets in the evenings, as well as, the stars I get to see at night. Oh how I miss seeing the sky! I’ve been living in a bland, white/gray world for the past couple of months. It doesn’t bother you so much until you realize how long it’s actually been since you’ve seen the color blue. I always notice it on my drive to work when there’s that small patch of blue that’s covered up almost immediately. So sad. Well, I’m going to go finish my laundry and get in my jammies to start reading my next Austen classic. I should’ve been born in this era. I love the beauty in the crux of the turn of the century. Happy new year everyone and I hope your new years resolutions start off promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment