Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 1

"Accept the things you cannot change and change the things you cannot accept."

I started Day 1 of my 30 days of Hot Yoga. I'm writing this so all of you, every single one of you, can help me stay accountable. It was a difficult class, to say the least. It's hard to try and jump back into this. Needless to say, the heat got to me and I sat in child's pose for almost 6 positions. It happens. Tomorrow is a new day. I feel very good leaving this class tonight; I'm looking forward to growing in this the same way I did the last time I tried (unsuccessfully) to do a 30-day challenge. I believe last time I ended up making it to about 20 days, not in sequence.

I decided to do this challenge because over the past couple of weeks something has felt like it's been missing. Not in a bad way, just in a funk, trying to figure things out kind of way. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE every part of my life here. I love my boyfriend, my job, the few sporadic friends I'm starting to make. Every part of my life here in Nashville has been spectacular, but I still have some days where I go to sleep craving something different, something new, something challenging. So here I am everyone- I'm going to do an entire month of Hot Yoga. No days off. No sick days. No vacation days. Just 30 solid days of yoga.

Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment