Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ollie the Predecessor

Goodness gracious. I know. I know. The "I told you so"'s are coming...

Everyone kept telling me Ollie wouldn't make the dangerous and deadly 4200 miles to Seattle, but he did. They said he wouldn't last; he wasn't up to the challenge. Oh how he proved you wrong! However, Seattlites have cursed every metallic screw and bolt in Ollie's pretty little black frame. He is dying a very slow and painful death. Over the past 3 months he has been in two accidents. He's been to the doctor's twice to have splints and shots and all the prosthetics put on him. He's broken down in a random driveway in the bad part of town leaving me with 6 grocery bags FULL of AIDS patient's food and 19 frozen dinners. I promise I don't normally try to steal the only sustenance given to dying patients, it just...happened. He's got some misshapen wheel that people randomly flag me down for on a highway with no shoulder. And he's dirty, very dirty. I will not take him to the bath again because last time I spent so much time on him someone hit him hard enough to send me to the hospital and him to the doctor for a whole new backside. My mom has now decided that I need a new car and this is it:



I've got the next three days off from Wild Ginger! Woo hoo! Yet I start my cleaning job at Hot Yoga tomorrow and Monday. It's right in the middle of the day, which is kind of annoying, but whatever. Free Yoga! I went last night and signed up for their 12 day challenge. I have to go everyday for 12 days and then I'm entered into a raffle where I can get a free month (which I can then give to the person of my choice for Xmas). Oh, the fun Jason has given us!

Tonight I'm heading out with Brock to go ice skating and then probably a karaoke night! If you've ever seen me karaoke you know how much fun tonight is going to be!! Haha. And then NEXT saturday is what people around the country call Santacon. Don't be jealous it will be in your state soon enough! Everyone meets at noon at the "fremont troll," dressed as Santa and it's a city wide bar crawl all through town. People on the light rail, on the metro, in cabs, taking their own cars, biking, hiking and frolicking through the city of Seattle dressed in red and snowy white. Can't wait for a jolly good time.

1 comment:

  1. Did you participate in Santacon? We have that in NYC too and when I got off the plane to go home I had forgotten all about it and saw a million santas all around the city! GREAT FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete